- Job Search
- Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Reputable Cardiff based firm (with further offices throughout the UK and internationally) are looking to add to their DR offering at Senior Associate level.
The team work on a diverse range of complex challenges and you will have the opportunity to work alongside the firms highly regarded Partners and Associates across their UK offices on a stimulating caseload, taking on more responsibility as your experience grows.
The department has substantial expertise advising clients on a wide range of disputes. They are strongly focused on promoting clients' interests and have extensive experience in dealing with all aspects of disputes from pre-action, through mediation and other forms of ADR, court proceedings (county court, high court, court of appeal ) as well as in arbitration proceedings before a wide variety of arbitral bodies.
The cases range from relatively simple contractual disputes to complex cases against the largest companies and institutions.
The team have a strong reputation in commercial litigation and advise clients on disputes relating to general contractual and tortious claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, insolvency (both corporate and personal), debt and asset recovery, contentious trusts and probate and property litigation. The team have a growing reputation in the area of contested probate and Inheritance Act claims.
- Assisting in relation to all aspects of litigation, mediation and alternative forms of dispute resolution
- Collating and assessing documentary evidence and providing cost proportionate advice on merits/risks to clients
- Drafting emails, letters, notes of advice, instructions and briefs to counsel, letters of instructions to experts, court documents witness statements and application notices
- Assisting with preparations for and attending hearings (be that remote, in-person or hybrid) including preparing draft documents and hearing bundles
- Preparing costs budgets, statements of costs and bills to clients
- Dealing with clients over the phone and by email, and updating them on matters where required
- Building client relationships and participating in business development initiatives, including writing articles and providing presentations to clients and pitching opportunities
- Supervision of Trainee solicitor/paralegal
- Strong academics and good quality general litigation experience at a reputable firm
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills essential
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively
- Proven multi-tasker with a flair for networking and business development
- Able to demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative
- Used to delivering against short deadlines and in the sometimes pressured environment of court deadlines
- Salary is competitive and you will be eligible for the firm's discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Dispute Resolution Lawyer opportunity, please contact Kelly-Anne Willis at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like