- Job Search
- Commercial & Projects Lawyer
20th January 2023
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial/Projects offering in Bristol with the addition of a lawyer experienced solicitor at the 2-6 years' PQE level. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial/Projects Lawyer within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing quickly and acts for a broad spectrum of clients but with a particular focus in this position on the healthcare sector. Work includes high profile and cutting edge projects of national significance. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis and offers excellent long term progression prospects.
The NHS has seen unprecedented levels of activity as a result of the pandemic and has had unparalleled access to capital to make changes to its buildings and to increase capacity. Nightingale Hospitals have been "built" from scratch in a matter or weeks and a national vaccination programme is under way. All of this urgent activity is underpinned by contracts and/or policy guidance that this team advises on.
As a Commercial/Projects Lawyer at this firm, you would:
· Be involved in a wide variety of projects including the delivery of a range of complex projects and commercial transactions to both public and some private sector clients. These transactions deliver new facilities or services for the NHS.
· Learn about existing PFI contracts and assist with variations and advice on contract management.
· Provide advice on NHS commercial transactions including: joint ventures, commercial ventures and partnerships; managed equipment contracts; new models of care provision in the NHS; outsourcing and shared services and contract renegotiation and termination.
· Work closely with colleagues across the firm, including those in construction, corporate, procurement, property and employment teams.
The successful Commercial/Projects Lawyer will:
· Have 2-6 years' PQE.
· Ideally have experience of advising health bodies or other public sector organisations, or the private sector on contracts with the public sector, although broader corporate/commercial experience is also advantageous.
· Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
· Be keen to have high levels of client contact.
The successful Commercial/Projects Lawyer will be rewarded with:
· A competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
· The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
· Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
· No specific 'anchor' days - flexibility to work where/how you feel suits you best.
· Training and development by senior members of the team in a supportive environment.
· Future progression to partnership for the right individual.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial/Projects Lawyer opportunity, please contact Kelly-Anne Willis at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like