- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial offering in Bristol with the addition of an experienced Commercial Solicitor ideally with experience of advising local authorities, health bodies or other public sector organisations. Applications will be considered from those with a minimum of two years experience through to those with up to about six years' PQE. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial Solicitor within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients but with a particular focus on the public sector. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis with high levels of remote working permitted.
As a Commercial Solicitor, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work. Specifically, your role will involve:
· Advising on all aspects of commercial transactions from options appraisal to delivery and implementation stage including contract negotiation and review.
· Advising on wide-ranging service areas such as leisure and culture; adult health and social care; children's social care and education; new models of care provision in the NHS.
· Advising on high value outsourcing, managed services contracts, shared service arrangements, partnership and strategic alliance arrangements, joint ventures, commercialisation and new ways of working in the public sector
· Working with other teams across the firm including governance and subsidy control, procurement, employment, pensions, property, corporate, information governance and IT/IP.
· Having high levels of client contact.
· Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Commercial Solicitor will:
· Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with at least two years' post qualification experience.
· Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the public sector).
· Ideally have experience of advising local authorities, health bodies or other public sector organisations, or the private sector on contracts with the public sector (not essential).
· Have an interest in the local government or broader public services sector.
· Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with a strong package including:
* Competitive salary plus bonus.
* Comprehensive suite of benefits.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Flexible working options (including part time hours) plus hybrid working with no specified office days.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial Solicitor opportunity, please contact Kelly-Anne Willis at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like