- Job Search
- Procurement Litigation Lawyer
Public Procurement Solicitor
Our client, an international firm based in Bristol, is seeking to bolster its public procurement offering with the addition of an experienced lawyer at the 3+ years' PQE level. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a mid level/senior Public Procurement Solicitor at a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is highly regarded for its quality of work.
As a Public Procurement Solicitor, based in the Bristol office of this international law firm, you would be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work on some of the largest and ground breaking projects in the country. Specifically, your responsibilities would include:
- Advising clients including central and local government, national agencies, NHS bodies, education institutions, charities and utility companies, as well as suppliers to the public sector and utilities from SMEs to PLCs in relation to public procurement law.
- Advising on all aspects of procurement advice for both procuring entities and suppliers.
- Drafting and advising on procurement documentation (from contract notices through to evaluation strategy, standstill and award); procurement strategy and other procurement advisory work; and advising on challenges to procurement decisions and processes.
- Advising on urgent contentious matters, including working with the firm's procurement litigation specialists on proceedings in the High Court.
- Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally.
- Assisting the team with business development.
- Training and supervision of junior team members.
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will have:
- 3+ years' PQE in public procurement law, ideally gained across a range of public sector clients and industry sectors.
- Strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE level gained in private practice or in-house (including from the public sector).
- The ability to support clients in the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, particularly in respect of public sector outsourcing and projects would be useful as would the ability to advise in relation to the state subsidy regime (not essential).
- A personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and the ability to think outside the box.
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
- The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and public sector knowledge.
- The opportunity to progress your career within public procurement undertaking high profile work.
- Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Public Procurement Solicitor opportunity, please contact Kelly-Anne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like