Anti-Money Laundering Manager
Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for and experienced Anti-Money Laundering Manager to join the Compliance team of a leading Warwickshire based firm. The successful candidate will focus on anti-money laundering but will also be involved in working with the Compliance team on a broad range of new business acceptance and compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's anti-money laundering policies and procedures
- Complete new client checks including monitoring client data held, investigating company ownership and carrying out risk assessments
- Manage documentation obtained to verify clients and keep database up-to-date
- Assist with sanctions checks
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the firm's conflicts policy
- Assist the team in carrying out conflicts checks, reviewing activity reports and managing screening processes
- Analysing and resolving professional, legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to business acceptance and client engagement
- Monitoring changes in practice, professional rules, regulations and the law as affects AML and Sanctions globally so that these can be reflected in the business acceptance process
- Assist and support the Director of Risk & Compliance in ensuring that the firm's policy and procedure are compatible with the Anti-Money Laundering Directive and other current and future applicable legislation
- Deal with queries or issues in relation to a new or current Matter which involve Sanctions or AML, relating to: professional and legal conflicts issues, business conflicts and other commercial issues
- Assisting in the design, implementation and delivery of training presentations and other development programmes for solicitors and support departments regarding Client Suitability, AML and Sanctions
- Must have strong experience within a compliance, legal conflicts management or risk team and a good understanding SRA Code of Conduct and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills, strong research skills and the ability to establish close working relationships
- On offer is a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site restaurant and an active social committee
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Kelly-Anne Willis on 0121 230 1027. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.