- Job Search
- Private Client - Court of Protection - Solicitor
Court of Protection Solicitor.
BCL Legal is partnering with a top regional law firm in the recruitment of a Court of Protection solicitor to join their specialist Court of Protection team in the Black Country.
You will be required to take responsibility for your own caseload as well as providing assistance to other lawyers in the team with the day to day administration of all aspect of Court of Protection work to include:
- Applications for the appointments of deputies
- Statutory will applications
- The ongoing administration of the financial affairs of individuals who lack mental capacity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is highly regarded in the industry and has grown steadily over the last two years. You will have the opportunity to have a high level of client contact both over the phone and in person and will join an ambitious and dedicated team.
- Providing a comprehensive case progression service including helping to make applications to the Court of Protection and progressing these cases to completion
- Assisting in the management of an individual's property and financial affairs, including; liaising with a number of professionals such as members of the litigation team, case managers, therapists and financial advisors
- Assisting with the preparation of accounts and annual deputyship reports
- Developing rapport with clients, Counsel and experts
- Taking a full and active involvement with business development activities alongside others within the team locally and nationally
- Circa 2-5 years experience or CILEX equivalent dealing with Court of Protection work
- Some experience of wider private client/community care work would be beneficial
- Excellent client care skills including a friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries both from clients and internally
- Some knowledge of Welfare matters/public law areas would be beneficial but is not essential
On offer is a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you're interested in this Court of Protection solicitor role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly-Anne Willis on 0121 230 1027.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018