Birmingham based firm are looking to appoint a new solicitor to play an important role in their Family Law team, dealing with all aspects of family law to include: divorce, financial remedy, cohabitation, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and private child arrangement matters.
- Varied duties across a range of Family Law cases comprising initial consultation and advice
- Areas covered: divorce, financial remedy and consent orders, contested financial remedy proceedings, international and ex-pat divorces, divorces involving high net worth individuals (including the allocation of property or properties), business matters, family trusts, inherited assets and pensions.
- Manage cases involving all aspects of child arrangements, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders
- On injunctive issues, be able to manage non-molestation and occupation order applications
- Other work includes pre- and post-nuptial Agreements, pre- and post-civil partnership Agreements, cohabitation agreements, separation Agreements, dissolution of civil partnerships, judicial separation, parental responsibility Agreements and change of name deeds
- Advising clients on current legislation and their rights with sensitivity
- Making applications to the Legal Aid Agency and managing legal administration for the case
- Providing overall exceptional client service
- You will be a Family Law Solicitor with 1 years PQE or above (there is no upper limit)
- Registered with the Law Society
- You will be keen to develop professionally, within Family Law, to become Family Law Accredited or Family Law Advanced Accredited in due course
- You will have advocacy skills (required in terms of representation for all family law matters at direction level hearings and possibly further)
On offer is a competitive local salary, fantastic working environment, stable team and the chance to work in a very well thought of practice.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Kelly on 0121 230 1027. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.