- Job Search
- Private Client Solicitor
18th February 2021
Private Client Solicitor
Birmingham city centre based firm are looking to appoint a qualified Solicitor/Legal Executive (with a Practising Certificate) to work on a caseload of Wills, Powers of Attorney, Probate and Estate Planning matters.
As the successful candidate you will have experience in drafting Wills, administering estates and providing clients with advice about their inheritance tax position and planning. You will be confident in carrying your own caseload and your main duties will include:
- Handling a mixed caseload of wills, estate administration and Power of Attorney matters
- Providing advice on all aspects of a client's needs and where appropriate working with other teams within the firm
- Drafting documents, including Wills, Declarations of Trusts and Deeds of Variation
- Experience in / willingness to develop in Estate and Tax Planning advice
- Membership of STEP beneficial but not essential
- Membership of SFE beneficial but not essential
- Be a Practicing Solicitor with 3-5+ year's PQE
- Have strong drafting and advisory skills and competence with IT and case management systems
- Have an enabling, positive approach to finding solutions to complex problems and have good appreciation of risk management
- The ability to work flexibly across a multi skilled team
The firm provide a well-structured Induction Programme, alongside support and guidance from senior management. In return for your experience and commitment you will enjoy an excellent benefits package. You will also benefit from a centralised administration team to aid case management. The firm provides working from home for all staff during the Covid-19 crisis and are well placed to deal with future change as the situation develops.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly-Anne on 0121 230 1027. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018