- Job Search
- Residential Conveyancer
Well established Solihull based firm are looking for a Residential Conveyancer with 2+ years PQE to join their growing property department.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge in a wide range of UK residential property law issues and have experience of new build plot sales and plot purchases. You must have knowledge and experience advising in relation to sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold residential property, auction sales and purchases, re-mortgages, Help to Buy transactions and transfers of equity including managing client and lender requirements. Enthusiasm and experience/knowledge in business development, including building and maintaining strong client and referrer relationships is also essential.
- Handling all types of residential property transactions; including sales, purchases, transfers of equity, re-mortgages, equity release and lease extensions
- Specific experience in new build plot sales, including drafting site set up documentation; plot contracts, transfers of part and leases of part
- Experience with new build purchase transactions, including dealing with the Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme, including drafting and submitting Sol Form 1 and Sol Form 2
- Full knowledge of Help to Buy Equity Loan redemptions, including the requirements of Target HCA
- Dealing with Shared Ownership transactions and Help to Buy and Lifetime ISA's
- Generating new clients through networking and word of mouth
- Ensuring that client communication is proactive, professional and leads to satisfied clients
- Compliance with the lender's requirements at all times relating to panel membership
- To proactively identify and initiate additional complementary services to add value to the clients transaction
- A qualified residential property Solicitor/CILEX (non-qualifieds will also be considered)
- Evidence of continuing professional development in their area of expertise
- Experience and a keen interest in business development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver a strongly client-focussed service, giving timely practical legal solutions to client problems
- Work with paperless files
- A team player working within a team with three experienced Conveyancers
- Ability to handle own caseload independently with minimal daily supervision
- Ability to organise own files and supervise support staff to ensure efficient delivery of service
- Take responsibility for financial management of own files, record time and ensure all bills are delivered and followed up in an efficient manner
- Good IT and word processing skills
- Ability to use the firms case management system to best effect in order to manage their case load (training will be provided)
- Ability to work under pressure
On offer is a competitive salary, flexible working and a supportive, team-orientated environment.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly on 0121 230 1027. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018