- Job Search
- Private Client - Practice Leader
Practice Leader - Private Client
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Private Client Solicitor to join an established West Midlands based firm as Practice Leader in the Private Client Department. The firm are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual, who has a solid background in Contested Probate or Litigation (personal or property), strong management skills and the ability to lead a small team in the delivery of high financial performance whilst maintaining excellent client relationships.
The role can be carried out from any of the firms UK based offices, including Birmingham, Solihull, Halesowen, Worcester and Kidderminster.
To focus on the external market place and design and implement a clear Strategy to develop the work of the Department in line with the Company wide goals to include:
- Business Development strategy
- People Growth Plans
- Financial projections
- Operational aspects
- To be an effective communicator between the Board and the Department
- To provide feedback to the Board from the Department; To be accountable to the Board for the Department's financial performance and profitability
- To guide the department in delivering high performance working, tailored to the specific discipline with a clear emphasis on fostering effective and engaging work practices
- To take overall responsibility for and adherence to the Company's risk and compliance procedures at a Departmental level
- Working collaboratively to foster effective team working with all other Departments in line with the Company's Business Plan
- To demonstrate leadership, discipline and accountability in line with the Company's values.
As previously mentioned, the successful candidate will have substantial experience in Contested Probate or Litigation (personal or property) in a national law firm or large regional firm. You will be talented and ambitious, bringing a balance of excellent technical legal skills and the flexibility to develop their style depending on the client or the needs of the business.
On offer is a competitive salary, flexible working and a clear and genuine path for progression.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Kelly on 0121 230 1027. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018