- Job Search
- Secured Lending Paralegal
Secured Lending Paralegal
Based in Didsbury, this highly reputable law firm is seeking a secured lending paralegal to join its property team. This firm prides itself on providing high quality legal services to both businesses and individuals throughout the Greater Manchester area. Due to expansion and high workload, the firm is now recruiting a paralegal with a background in property finance to join its successful and friendly team. This role is suitable for someone from a conveyancing background who would be interested in broadening their experience.
As a secured lending paralegal, you will assist the fee earners with a caseload of secured lending matters. This role offers the opportunity to handle your own caseload and build experience in liaising directly with clients both face to face and over the phone.
The role will involve the following;
· Obtain or check Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
· Carry out detailed title checks
· Draft or check lender's security documents
· Collate and send or check supporting legal and financial documents
· Deal with all financial aspects of a transaction
· Exchange contracts and complete the transaction
· Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs
You will ideally have a minimum of 12 months experience dealing with secured lending matters. You will need to demonstrate the following;
· Ability to manage and prioritise your workload with minimal supervision
· Able to work as part of a team, be reliable and highly motivated
· Ideally you will be a licensed conveyancer however this is not essential
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary plus benefits and have the opportunity to work with a friendly, progressive and forward thinking law firm. This firm offers career progression fro the right individual and has a demonstrable background in valuing its staff.
If you would be interested in hearing more about this secured lending paralegal role, please call Kirsty Worden on 0161 819 7485
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018