£75,000 - 100,000
Housing Management | Associate/ Senior Associate| Leeds
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a UK-Top 100 firm for an Associate or Senior Associate to join one of the largest housing practices in the country. This will be a key appointment for the firm, with the successful candidate taking a lead on the delivery of non-contentious housing management services.
This is a leading national firm with a strong reputation across all disciplines. This housing team is a national practice, but the position will be based in the firm's Leeds office. They have an excellent track record of delivering high quality advice nationally and growth is set to continue, with a number of major tender wins to add to an already stellar client base across the country.
The role has arisen due to continued successful growth. Previously within the firm, non-contentious advice on housing law and regulation has been provided by their housing management, governance and property colleagues, however after significant growth over the last couple of years they wish to develop a dedicated non-contentious housing management practice.
As an Associate/Senior Associate in this team, you will be involved in:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending tenancies, licences and other forms of occupancy agreements to ensure they comply with all regulatory and legal requirements and are written in plain English for a range of clients including registered providers, local authorities, charities, NHS bodies, higher education institutions, care home providers and private landlords
- Drafting and reviewing management agreements, nominations agreements and service level agreements
- Advice on rent reviews, rent policy and rent controls
- Advice on local housing allowances and recovery of rent and service charges
- Advice on service charges including section 20, consultation and procurement
- Advice on the law, policy and regulation relating to the provision of social, supported, assisted living and extra care housing
- Advice on homelessness law, policy and regulation
- Reviewing housing policies and procedures (for example: allocations/lettings, succession, mutual exchanges)
- Advice on the effective handling of housing complaints and Ombudsman referrals
- Compliance advice relating to disposals out of sector / advice to FPRPs
- Support to the governance team on tenanted stock matters (e.g. due diligence in relation to tenancy agreements and policies and advising on the consequences of transactions on residents, including consultation and notification requirements)
- Support to the property team on residential tenanted stock matters, for example: portfolio acquisitions, disposals, or security charging projects
- Dealing with technical queries relating to the application of right to buy, preserved right to buy and right to acquire
- Advising and the legal and regulatory implications of decant programmes for estate regeneration programmes, including consultation
- Advice on Disabled Facilities Grant
- Advice on housing benefit and universal credit
- Advice on tenant's rights
- Strategic advice on current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy
- Experience of advising social landlords on non-contentious housing law
- Good technical understanding of current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy
- A passion for social housing and providing exceptional legal support to housing providers
- A keenness to work collaboratively with colleagues at junior and senior levels
- An ability to build strong relationships with clients and intermediaries
- Strong communication skills with a professional approach to work
- Project management skills and the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self-starting approach and enthusiasm to build and grow a practice area
- A genuine interest in business development
- Good attention to detail
On offer is a competitive package, hybrid working and a wide range of other benefits.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer
Report this listing