- Job Search
- AML & Conflict Team Leader
2nd February 2024
AML & Conflict Team Leader
Up to £45,000 + Benefits
BCL Legal are delighted to be working in collaboration with this innovative and commercially focused Law firm in their search for an AML & Conflict Team Leader. Sitting within the firms wider Professional Services and Business Support Team you will play a leading role in streamlining the firms Risk and Compliance processes with particular reference to client and on boarding matters, in addition to supporting the Conflicts Manager and wider team. This is an exciting and rewarding role for someone looking to step up into a team leader role who is self-starting and genuinely likes to get the best out of others.
You will be passionate about all things "Legal Risk and Compliance" and be looking for a role that allows you to be innovative, creative and forward thinking.
The AML & Conflict Team Leader is a critical role within the wider Business Support Team and with this in mind, our client is searching for an exceptional candidate.
Offering the opportunity to build on your current Conflicts and AML experience a typical day may involve:
· Working in close collaboration with the Conflicts Manager
· Assuming full responsibility for Conflicts management projects and delegating tasks to junior members of the team.
· Working autonomously to deliver constructive ideas and support around the subject matter of AML, CDD and Conflicts
· Analysing data and producing management reports
· Handling escalating and often complex AML queries and complaints
· Instilling collaborative working between teams
· Working closely with senior members of management and escalating matters where appropriate
· Driving team performance and adhering to Service Level Agreements and deadlines
· Identify areas for improvement and delivering training to the team when needed
· Stepping up into the Conflicts Manager Role in the Absence of the current CMI Manager.
As this is a supervisory role, you will be expected to demonstrate an elevated level of AML and Legal Compliance experience ideally gained within a similar sized law firm. As the position will include motivating and supervising AML and Conflicts Analysts, it's vital that you are approachable, friendly and able to communicate well with a diverse range of people throughout the team. Due to the constant changes within the Legal Risk and Compliance space it's essential that you have worked in a similar role previously. If you are an experienced Risk and Compliance Professional looking for that next step on the career ladder with proven experience in AML in a mentoring or senior AML capacity then I'd love to hear from you.
-A competitive starting salary
-Comprehensive benefits package
-The rare opportunity to participate in the company's share scheme
Up to 10% discretionary bonus based on the firm's financial performance
Matched pension contribution up to 5%
Single Health Cover
Life Assurance (3x Salary)
Structured career path and clear route to management
25 days' holiday plus bank holiday
For a full job spec and further information on this AML & Conflicts Team Leader role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like