19th November 2020
In-house Employment Lawyer - agile working
A well known essential business based in Nottinghamshire is seeking an employment lawyer with advocacy experience. Full time role, remote/agile working on offer.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, this person will be the employment lawyer and advocate for the business. This is a new role within the legal function as the business previously outsourced employment law work. They now want to bring the expertise in-house.
As this is a standalone role, the successful lawyer will be responsible for everything employment law related, resulting in a diverse and varied role with a high level of responsibility.
* Provide all employment law advice to the wider business
* Undertake work relating to matters such as unfair dismissal, grievance complaints, discrimination, redundancy, TUPE transfers, Trade Unions and Industrial Action, Contracts of employment, Service agreements, Recruitment, Restrictive covenants, Settlement agreements, IR and collective bargaining
* Be responsible for the end to end management of tribunal claims and represent the business at all tribunal hearings
* Work closely with and build relationships with key contacts including HR, ER and department heads and provide advice on BAU, strategic HR projects and change programmes
* A unique aspect of the role is the opportunity to create and deliver employment law training to upskill HR teams - great for someone who enjoys coaching and working with others
* Review and draft HR Policies and Procedures
* Guide and liaise with external counsel where required
* The business will continue to partner with their external provider to ease workload but this person will work hand in hand with the firm they outsource to.
What's on offer?
Fantastic benefits package: competitive base salary, car allowance, 33 days annual leave, pension and company discounts
Agile working: The business pride themselves on being a flexible employer. This person can predominantly work from home and pop into the Nottinghamshire-based office when necessary.
This role does require some travel to tribunals (predominantly in the Midlands and down South). It could be that you are away from home for a week due to a hearing but then you have nothing in the diary for the next month. This is great for someone who enjoys managing their own time, who enjoys the variety and who wants a role with flexibility.
Fantastic culture: The company is a family owned business and this really comes through in their culture and values. They are not very corporate or hierarchical - you can go directly to the decision maker which is great as you can make things happen quickly. They really strive to create an enjoyable working environment for their employees and this is demonstrated by the number of long-serving employees they have at HQ. They are always growing and with plenty of new-starters over the course of this year they have a good on-boarding process and offer a lot of support.
* Circa 5+ years Employment law experience
* Advocacy experience
If this sounds like it could be for you, please get in touch with me at email@example.com, via Linkedin or call 07837630530