- Job Search
- In-house senior legal counsel
In-house senior legal counsel
up to £95k + future potential + package
A leading biopharmaceutical group dedicated to improving lives through innovative medicines in treatment of tumours, neuroscience and rarer diseases is looking for an in-house senior legal counsel. The role is based in Berkshire.
The in-house senior legal counsel will provide legal advice and support to the U.K. and Ireland business in a broader international business. The lawyer will anticipate and proactively secure the business from a Legal risk perspective, implementing Global Policies and recommend/develop local policies and positions on Legal issues, in alignment with Group Legal.
The in-house senior legal counsel role
- Provision of general Legal advice as needed.
- Prompt intervention to manage and resolve challenges with competitors or inspections, audits, dawn-raids, etc. initiated by relevant authorities.
- Prompt intervention to manage contractual conflicts/litigation with assistance of external counsel as needed
- Proactive monitoring and information and training stakeholders of relevant changes to local legislation or local requirements.
- Flag high-risk areas and ensure raising business awareness around applicable laws and regulations through training and day-to day interactions.
- Review promotional materials as required in coordination with Regulatory Affairs and Medical Department.
- Ensure overall compliance with Law business activities.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and approving agreements as needed.
- Proactive monitoring and management of existing relationships and alliances.
- Support and participation in strategic discussions around products/partnerships.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with Group Legal, E&C and Intellectual Property.
- Support and participation in Group Legal projects as needed (i.e. contract management), in particular for local implementation.
- Coordinate any interactions locally with external Legal counsel, as needed.
- Support the local Data Privacy Manager in advising on issues relating to data privacy and participate in local approval committees relating to ABPI 'related activities'
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical sector, either in-house or law firm.
- Strong working knowledge of the ABPI Code
- Life Sciences/ Pharma legal & compliance experience
- Experience of drafting, analysis and negotiation of contracts (i.e. commercial legal)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018