In-house legal counsel
Up to £80k + package
A British multi-national company, at the forefront of modern technology, chemical technology and sustainable solutions, is looking for an in-house legal counsel to join the business. As part of a company that is a constituent of the FTSE 100, you will need to provide legal support on a global basis to one of their business sectors. The office is in Central London.
You will provide high quality legal services and undertake the coordinated management and mitigation of legal and compliance risks throughout the world.
- Provide the full range of legal advice to the global business, with particular responsibility for the manufacturing businesses.
- Build and maintain close relationships with the senior members of the Businesses. Understand the strategic objectives of the Businesses in order to provide pro-active, risk-based and focused legal advice.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts both in the UK and internationally. This includes complex commercial transactions, sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, forward sale/purchase of precious metals, distributor/agency agreements, joint development agreements, contractor terms and various international deals. All aspects of such commercial arrangements are covered, including competition, IP, & tax.
- Develop a good knowledge of the legal aspects of manufacturing and refining.
- Provide, manage or coordinate (as appropriate) advice to the Businesses in respect of ethics and compliance matters working closely with Group Ethics and Compliance.
- Provide legal and compliance training to the business (eg Use of Standard Terms, Anti-Bribery, Competition, Financial Crime and Sanctions).
- Manage specialist legal services provided by external firms, such as non-UK/US/China advice on corporate, commercial, litigation, employment, tax, IP, property and environmental law, settling budgets for advice presented by these firms and managing that legal spend.
The in-house legal counsel will:
- Possess strong academic credentials including a law degree or conversion qualification and current practising certificate.
- In-depth PQE with Broad Legal experience gained either in a leading firm or in an in-house role
- Previous experience of working in an international environment
- Have worked across multiple business units simultaneously as well as manufacturing business with complex supply chains
Salary up to £80k + bonus + excellent pension + life insurance + private medical + share schemes + much more.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.