In-house legal counsel - 12 month FTC
£80k + 10% completion bonus
A British multi-national company, at the forefront of modern technology and sustainable solutions, is looking for an in-house legal counsel to join the business. As part of a company that is a constituent of the FTSE 100, you will need to provide legal support on a global basis to one of their business sectors. The office is in Central London.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a legal counsel to provide and manage high quality legal services throughout the European region and to ensure legal compliance and coordinated risk management. The role focuses around working with consumers and governments concerned by air quality and the technical solutions to these problems.
The In-house legal counsel - 12 month FTC role
- Advising the European Region on a wide range of domestic and international commercial and compliance matters.
- Provide legal support to the various business functions, including the procurement, operations, quality, technology, supply chain, sales and marketing teams in each of the European Region sites.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts.
- This ranges from standard terms to bespoke agreements. Examples include terms and conditions, joint development agreements, consultancy agreements, confidentiality agreements, sale/purchase agreements and reviewing and amending request for quotations.
- All aspects of such commercial arrangements are covered, including competition, IP, tax and employment.
- Working closely with the businesses to ensure that appropriate risk management procedures are in place to cover contractual and compliance risk management.
- Providing legal and compliance training to the business (e.g. ABC, Competition and Sanctions).
- Managing compliance implementation, assistance and enforcement.
- Managing wide range of improvement projects within the legal team.
- Providing legal input to negotiation of sale agreements and purchase agreements Implementing and maintaining standard form documents and procedures.
- You will be a qualified lawyer with broad legal experience gained either in a leading firm or in an in-house role.
- Have previous experience of working in an international environment.
- Have had exposure to corporate and/or commercial law
- Ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of audiences combined with a practical, organised approach.
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiating skills.
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships and trust with a wide range of audiences
If you're interested in this in-house legal counsel - 12 month FTC role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.