- Job Search
- In-house family lawyer
In-house family lawyer
Up to £65k
City of London
A leading in-house litigation lender, working in the family and private client sectors of law, is looking for a Senior Associate from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Family Law firm. This company is well known to the top-tier law firms and has earned a reputation for funding high value and complex cases.
Due to the consistent ongoing growth of the business, the company is looking to recruit a senior team member to work as a number two to the Head of Risk, and report to the Managing Director.
The In-house family lawyer role
The role will involve day-to-day management and administration of an active portfolio of loans, including regular contact with borrowers and their legal advisers, liaising with internal back office staff to ensure smooth and efficient internal processes, and reporting the progress of the cases within the portfolio to the directors. The role will also involve originating and carrying out extensive due diligence for new loan opportunities. Initially new opportunities will be predominantly within the family space, but expanding into other suitable areas of private client and litigation over time.
The ideal candidate will be 3-6 years post qualified solicitor looking to move outside of practicing law directly. Experience within family and/or private client teams is a requirement, and the ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills and an ability to identify non-obvious opportunities. Operating in a senior position within an FCA regulated business the candidate will need to have the highest levels of integrity and a well-structured and highly organised approach to managing their workload. The candidate will need strong inter-personal skills, and will be comfortable representing the company in meetings, as well as at networking and other such social events.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
1. Interfacing with solicitors on current borrowers' cases
2. Interfacing with borrowers' requests (e.g. receiving and processing drawdown authorisations, confirming sufficient funds within relevant tranches) by email and/or phone, at all times upholding TCF principles
3. Managing the internal payments process (e.g. dissemination of payment authorisations, invoices, confirming database updates, confirming payment to borrowers)
4. Providing FCA compliant customer statements
5. Drafting of letters to solicitors regarding specific cases
6. Preparing CCA compliant loan documentation
7. Reviewing new applications and ensuring all relevant / required information is present
8. Preparing credit committee case notes and proposals
9. Ensuring client folders remain up to date
10. Be prepared to be lawyer-facing as required, including the attending of networking events
11. Assisting with product development
Key skills required:
1. Good organisational skills
2. Attention to detail
3. Knowledge of and ability to engage with family law, regulatory and finance concepts
6. Good interpersonal skills (phone / email and face-to-face)
7. Solution based approach
8. Knowledge of consumer credit rules and FCA regulations an advantage
Opportunity to work with an in-house business within family law. Salary up to £65k depending on experience. Central London office.
If you're interested in this In-house family lawyer role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018