The UK's largest motorcycle manufacturer, Triumph Motorcycles Group Limited, is looking to appoint a new Head of Legal to support the business world wide with it's legal matters.
Triumph Motorcycles Group Limited is the UK's largest motorcycle manufacturer building over 70,000 bikes per year. At its core, it manufactures and sells innovative and iconic motorcycles, related parts, accessories and clothing merchandise in more than 57 countries across the world.
The Group currently employ over 2,000 people worldwide and has subsidiary operations and independent distributors throughout the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Scandinavia, Brazil, India and Thailand. It has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand.
As well as adding to its motorcycle range with the likes of The Rocket III, it has also recently entered into a joint venture in India which will help to vastly expand on its current markets.
The Group is very excited about the future and is committed to delivering its long term vision through investment in the Company's people, facilities and products to ensure the success of the brand.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be involved in 4 main areas of work:
Commercial/ Contracts: There is a steady stream of contractual work but with an educated purchasing function your role will be to look at and assist with the more high profile or out of the ordinary areas of work. This might involve our tie up with James Bond or negotiating with our joint venture partners. Whatever the work is, we are looking for a 'can-do' approach lawyer who will help us navigate our way to a positive, commercially led position.
IP and Trademarks: This is a busy area of work for Triumph given the brand. In conjunction with our external providers you will manage the group trademark and patent portfolio and look after our asset management and brand protection requirements.
Compliance/ GDPR: A varied area of work, to include developing and taking ownership of the Group's GDPR compliance programmes, policies and procedures. This is especially important as we grow our e-commerce capability on a global scale. You will also lead the development and implementation of wider regulatory compliance areas including anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery, competition law and consumer protection.
Management: The legal function at Triumph is small with a compliance officer in place to assist. Therefore there is a heavy reliance on our external legal and trademark partners across the globe. You will need to nurture those relationships and be well organised to know where matters are up to once they have been sent 'outside'.
Triumph is keen to secure a person who is the right 'fit' and the personality of the successful candidate is key to this appointment.
In addition the ideal lawyer will have:
· Strong communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships.
· You will be proactive and self-confident - willing to take a hands-on approach to your work load.
· Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage tight timescales and competing priorities:
· Be a highly motivated, results oriented professional who is comfortable taking a commercially pragmatic and risk based approach in a fast paced environment;
· Have strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly identify and present key issues concisely;
· Have the resilience and interpersonal skills to advise and influence people at all levels of the business;
· Be committed to developing and embedding best practice, innovation and continuous improvement;
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to relay complex technical information in a simple manner to personnel at all levels of the business; and
· Be a team player with a can-do, solution driven attitude.
As long as you have experience as highlighted we are sector agnostic - what is key is your enthusiasm for leading the legal operations of an iconic brand.
This role is likely to be 3 days office, 2 days home based.
If this sounds like you please contact Mark Levine at BCL Legal via firstname.lastname@example.org