- Job Search
- Interim Company Secretary
Interim Company Secretary/ Deputy Company Secretary
Are you a seasoned Co Sec, available to help a newly appointed GC set up and establish a 'fit for business Co Sec function?
If so my client is looking for a Co Sec to join on an initial 6 month contract and be responsible for driving best practice and continuous improvement across the Group and ensuring that the company adheres to all relevant regulations, legislation and industry standards.
The Interim Company Secretary will work as part of the wider legal team, supporting the group across several areas, including:
* Supporting the GC in developing and implementing a functioning strategy in line with that of the Group.
* Assist the GC in overseeing the Secretariat team.
* Assisting the GC with annual board effectiveness assessments
* Facilitating Board training, onboarding & inductions.
* Monitor external development on matters of corporate governance, regulation, legislation or similar that might affect the Group.
* Assume responsibility for the organisation of the AGM including the preparation and delivery of relevant shareholder documentation.
* Implement and oversee governance related to subsidiaries within the Group.
* Oversee the teams management of statutory compliance & governance of all Group entities.
* Provide support to the Legal, Risk, Compliance and Finance teams regarding ad-hoc projects.
Experience required for the role:
* Prior experience within a company secretarial function
* Strong meetings experience would be highly desirable
* Confidence in deputising for GC where required
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to engage at an executive level
* Attention to detail and accuracy with strong organisational skills.
If you are a seasoned company secretary available for a 6 month contract it would be great to hear from you.
This role is offered on a 6 month contract basis, is deemed 'inside IR35' at a salary of £100K. Home based.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018