- Job Search
- Corporate/ Commercial Senior Counsel: Sports Brand
£80,000 - 120,000
Corporate/ Commercial Senior Counsel
Brand name in the sports sector is looking to appoint a Corporate/Commercial lawyer - one of 2 new legal recruits into what will be a brilliant 3 lawyer and DP team.
This is an amazing business, with a first class product and everything about what they stand for is around having a best in class product - and that is where you come in.
Working with the GC you will provide advice on a wide range of legal matters affecting the operations of the business but with a particular focus on commercial, general corporate and governance and partnership arrangements.
This role will be ideal for a corporate lawyer looking to branch out in-house into a more commercial role.
Areas of Responsibility
· Working alongside the General Counsel on major transactions, including M&A and fundraising and strategic initiatives.
· Reviewing, negotiating and drafting the terms of a broad range of corporate agreements.
· Review third party corporate documents and interpret and advise the business in connection with any corporate documents.
· Supporting the business with governance initiatives including the provision of shareholder support on governance related matters.
· Attending meetings as required and providing updates on your area of responsibility proactively to the General Counsel and relevant stakeholders.
· Assisting the Legal Function with due diligence, non-disclosure agreement and other document review and negotiation and liaising with external counsel in respect of potential acquisitions.
· Providing legal advice and support across the whole business on other matters as required.
· Assisting with corporate/company secretarial matters such as drafting Powers of Attorney and parent company guarantees.
Key skills & Experience
· Be qualified as a solicitor in English law, with c5 years pqe experience
· Have significant experience within a top city law firm or as an in house lawyer for high growth company
· Experience in corporate M&A transactions
· Be passionate about fast moving consumer-led businesses
· Have driven, be forward thinking, innovative and agile; and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and adaptable environment.
The ideal lawyer will have solid private practice training and some prior in-house exposure, perhaps in the form of a client secondment.
Successful interaction with the business and the ability to thrive in a commercial environment are key to this appointment.
For more information please contact Mark Levine at email@example.com
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018