Data Privacy Director - Clothing Manufacturer and Retailer
Brand name in the sports sector is looking to appoint a Data Protection Director - the first one that the company will have had.
This is an amazing business, with a first class product and everything about what they stand for is around having a best in class product - and that is where you come in. With a growing global e-commerce function, data is at the heart of their growth and getting this area correct is of upmost importance.
As such they are looking for a passionate Data Privacy Director to lead the privacy and GDPR initiatives across the organisation globally.
This is a newly created, standalone role which reports into the Group General Counsel. However, you will also have very close interactions with the CEO and other members of the executive leadership team.
The role holder will have the ability to engage external resources when needed. Furthermore, you will have a broad remit to shape and embed the privacy framework across the business in its entirety.
We are looking for someone who will be a trusted advisor to senior management and has previous experience of developing privacy frameworks in a fast moving global organisation.
* Lead and assist our global entities in all matters relating to data protection and serve as in house expert for GDPR and other applicable regulations, and relevant security frameworks, standards and certifications, and promote efforts to increase effectiveness in these areas.
* Work closely with various teams around the business globally but particularly legal, security, compliance, product, marketing, HR, sales and other business team on European data protection and other privacy related matters.
* Create and implement high-impact data protection projects.
* Assess data protection requirements by studying business requirements, overseeing system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
* Provide technical guidance on new data privacy requirements systems and functions.
* Support the Legal team in responding to European data subject requests and complaints and enquiries from Data Protection Authorities and other relevant regulators.
* Inform the organization of compliance issues with respect to applicable data protection rules.
* Help develop data protection training material across the organizations.
* Provide reports and participate in regular compliance meetings to discuss issues and strategic objectives.
* 8-10 years plus experience in a Data protection focused role.
* Extensive experience of building and embedding compliance or privacy frameworks in a large global organisation.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines.
* One or more relevant industry certifications, such as CISSP, CIPP, CISA, or equivalent would be a nice to have.
* Work with third-party stakeholders (including business partners, suppliers, service providers and IT product vendors) to ensure that they clearly understand and comply with requirements.
* Work with regulators where necessary and ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
* Extensive experience of privacy regulations related to customer and marketing data
* Experience of working in Retail or a related sector is also highly advantageous.
* The ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time. The primary locations are Oslo, Canada and the United States.
This is a London based role with the expectation of 2 days in the office 3 from home - depending on projects and office time required.
If this sounds like a role that you will thrive in please contact Mark Levine @ BCL Legal via firstname.lastname@example.org
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.