- Job Search
- Corporate Paralegal
US law firm seeks paralegal on a permanent basis to work in its Corporate team.
This heavyweight US firm seeks to recruit an additional paralegal for its Corporate team. The successful candidate will become one of two paralegal within this busy team. Duties will include:
· Drafting documents for transactions such as board minutes, agendas, subscription and redemption letters.
· Proofing and amending documents in preparation for the group's board meetings.
· Communicating with external lawyers.
· Daily interaction with the directors and registered agents in relation to items such as share issues, redemption of shares and changes to the memorandum or articles of association and incorporation of new companies.
· Drafting Know Your Client (KYC) letters and preparing ancillary documents for certification.
· Maintaining KYC files for the requirements of banks in multiple jurisdictions in relation to transactions and the opening of and / or changes to accounts.
· Maintaining group structure charts and corporate details list of all BVI companies within the group.
· Following up and keeping up to date with any proposals approved at board meetings.
· Responsibility for archiving and filing all relevant materials from each board meeting.
· Ensuring items approved at company board meetings are processed with the registered agent such as name changes, allotment of shares and other changes to the group companies.
· Working with technology to simplify and make processes more efficient.
Applications are sought from bright LPC graduates (must have 2:1 or above) who have at least six months paralegal experience. Prior corporate paralegal experience is advantageous but not essential.
This role will offer a highly attractive remuneration package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018