- Job Search
- Legal Counsel NQ+/ILEX/Paralegal
Komatsu Mining Corp Group is a multinational corporation that designs, engineers and manufactures mining machinery and industrial equipment. The Legal and Compliance function in the UK assists the several of the group businesses and facilities in Worcester, Bolton, Sunderland, Poland, Russia and France, and is also part of larger global function.
They are seeking to appoint a junior lawyer as a Legal and Compliance Counsel. They are also willing to consider an experienced paralegal for this role.
You will work closely with the General Counsel for the Eurasia region and undertake a varied role. This is an ideal opportunity for a junior lawyer to be a part of a global team in a multinational company and assist in providing a diverse range of legal and compliance services across various regions and sectors of the business.
The General Counsel is seeking an individual who is willing to be a proactive commercial business partner. You will be mentored and offered training opportunities but need to have hunger to pick things up and give them a go!
The General Counsel fosters a collaborative and supportive environment.
It is a diverse role and will involve picking up lots of different matters in the legal and compliance sphere. This will include the implementation of global corporate policies and procedures as well as local regulatory requirements. Some of the tasks are:
* Assisting with contract reviews for the businesses. This involves ensuring contracts across all businesses (sale contracts and supply contracts) are reviewed and negotiated in accordance with corporate policy, legal requirements and appropriate risk profiles
* Day to day legal matters assistance as required - some examples include - property matters, safety investigations and matters, contract disputes, IP matters.
* Managing the review and approval process for third party representative due diligence for the region, in accordance with global policies
* Assisting with compliance projects for the implementation of new global corporate policies and new legislation requirements (both regulatory and global policy)
* Undertaking the Group Privacy Officer role to support the business in complying with its obligations under GDPR and in accordance with global policies
* Providing or assisting with training of staff in accordance with the training calendar and requirements developed by legal team each year
* Undertaking internal reporting on regular basis in required global reporting formats
* Undertaking value add projects for the relevant local businesses to ensure appropriate risk management and to assist in business improvements
We welcome applications from lawyers who are qualified solicitors/ILEX or experienced in-house paralegals.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018