- Job Search
- Senior Legal Advisor
20th November 2020
As a Senior Legal Advisor, you will work as part of a team supporting our client's UK & EMEA business. This is a unique and exceptional opportunity to join a team as it grows. Alongside the daily work supporting the business a large part of this role will be focused on innovation - using legal technology to provide the best support to the business. You will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in CSR - working on social mobility and diversity and inclusion. You will also be involved in establishing a legal academy for junior paralegals and trainees - supporting the business to organically grow their legal team.
You will deliver pragmatic advice and solutions in relation to complex legal matters and advise on a wide variety and range of commercial work, frequently with an international element.
· Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on various contractual documentation.
· Assisting purchasing teams on drafting sourcing agreements for materials and services.
· Providing accurate, relevant and timely ad hoc advice on a variety of legal topics to divisional management teams and product group leads.
· Drafting and reviewing company precedents, policies and procedures.
· Providing legal training for business units.
· Providing initial advice in relation to business disputes.
· Providing support on group acquisitions/disposals/reorganisations.
· Communicating with and managing external counsel in UK and EMEA
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Broad Commercial legal knowledge to include different areas of law (e.g. Commercial, Intellectual Property, Data Protection)
· At least 8 years PQE
· Excellent drafting skills
· Organised and methodical, excellent attention to detail
· Practical and commercial approach
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and timescales
· Able to communicate clearly and explain often complex legal issues
· In house experience beneficial but not essential
· Ability to research and analyse data effectively
The GC is an inspirational leader with a long history of creating the best In-house legal teams. This is a truly rare opportunity to be in a supportive and forward thinking environment.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018