- Job Search
- Corporate Solicitor
Corporate Solicitor - NQ+ PQE - Birmingham
Market leading law firm is seeking a Corporate Solicitor to join its corporate team in Birmingham working on corporate transactional and advisory matters. This opportunity is offered on a full-time permanent basis and with on-going part remote working and flexible working patterns accommodated.
As a Corporate Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a highly regarded team of corporate lawyers who are recognised for the quality of their work in the health, social care, housing and social business sectors.
- Work with a wide range of businesses, social enterprises, and ethical entrepreneurs.
- Specifically, work may include:
· Advising on asset and share acquisitions and disposals, hive-ups and spin-out of companies;
· Reorganisations of business structures - this will include a wide range of business structures including companies limited by shares, companies limited by guarantee and co-operatives;
· Corporate Finance Projects including social investment projects;
· Employee Ownership Projects;
· Joint ventures both corporate and contractual. A particular emphasis will be placed on the Social Housing Sector;
· Collaboration Agreements;
· Advising on governance issues such as procedure, functions, constitutional interpretation and design;
· Formation and registration of companies, partnerships and LLPS;
· Drafting and advising on Shareholders and Partnership agreements; and
· Advising on Solvent Dissolutions.
To be successful in your application for this Corporate Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of one strong training seat in corporate law or otherwise up to about three years' post qualification experience in this area and the ability to work on your own initiative e.g. playing a key role in smaller acquisitions, as well as being part of a team on larger and more complex transactions.
- An interest in the healthcare, social housing and social business sectors.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- A positive and proactive outlook.
- An interest in playing a proactive role in business development including writing articles and delivering client training.
The successful Corporate Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Good work/life balance (1200 chargeable hours target).
- The opportunity to carve out a niche acting for clients in the healthcare and social business sectors.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of corporate transactions for an interesting client base who are focused on improving public services, healthcare and housing.
To be considered for this Corporate Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018