- Job Search
- Regulatory Solicitor
In-house Regulatory Solicitor
BCL Legal are delighted to be working with one of the UK's largest utility companies who are looking to appoint a three years' plus PQE regulatory solicitor in their Reading offices.
· Taking instructions from the client, gathering information and providing clear and concise legal advice in writing and in meetings.
· Keeping up to date with all relevant legal, legislative, regulatory and industry developments relevant to the legal specialism, informing and updating the team, and providing proactive updates to facilitate the client's operational activities.
· Attending meetings with the client to take instructions and to give advice.
· Attending meetings and negotiations as legal adviser with opposing parties.
· Drafting regulatory documents.
· Qualified solicitor with 3 years' post-qualification experience of working within a regulated sector
· Ideally experience of working in an in-house environment
· Detailed knowledge and understanding (or a demonstrable interest) of the legislation, licences, codes of practice, guidance and case law that governs the operational running of a regulated utility company, including, but not limited to:
· Water Industry Act 1991 and historic legislation relating to the regulation of the water industry;
· New Roads and Street Works Act 1991;
· Environmental Protection Act 1991 / Environmental Permitting Regulations 2016;
· Water Resources Act 1991;
· Agreements and codes governing arrangements between wholesalers and retailers.
· Excellent salary - above the regional norms;
· Access to excellent work and career prospects.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018