- Job Search
- Head of Legal - Real Estate and Construction
A leading construction business is looking for an experienced Real Estate and Construction Lawyer to join the business as Head of Legal.
This position is a senior appointment and the Head of Legal (Sole Counsel) will ensure that the business has comprehensive legal support on both a reactive and strategic basis. This is a broad role, largely encompassing Commercial Property and Construction legal advice, but also managing relationships across the business and managing external relationships and budget.
Reporting into the Directors, you will;
- Provide commercially focused solutions to a wide range of property and commercial issues
- Negotiate and draft construction documentation
- Liaise with colleagues and external Solicitors on legal matters
- Provide risk management advice to the business
- Prepare and deliver legal training to colleagues throughout the organisation
- Management of external legal spend
The ideal candidate will have;
- Comprehensive knowledge of real estate and commercial property, leases, licenses, and plot sales
- Experience of construction projects
- An understanding and knowledge of sub-contract forms of contracts
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and clear communication skills
- More than 6 years PQE
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Real Estate and Construction Lawyer to join a leading Construction and Property business as Head of Legal (Sole Counsel).
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018