A Property business, based in the West Midlands, is looking for a Property or Construction Lawyer to join their business and advise on a variety of property, construction, and commercial related matters.
A senior appointment to the business, this individual will report into Directors and have full ownership of all legal matters across the business. Day to day advice will be focussed on construction, property, and commercial matters, but your role will also extend to managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing legal budget, and making strategic decisions alongside Directors.
- Negotiate and draft a wide range of commercial agreements, with a focus on property and construction matters
- Manage external lawyers, including budget, and ensure the business is receiving suitable support
- Provide risk management advice to Directors in relation to legal matters
- Prepare and deliver training and updates to colleagues, including relevant legal updates
This is a broad ranging role and could suit someone from either a Property or Construction background, with a willingness to expand their experience and a commercial approach to giving legal advice.
The ideal individual will;
- Be a specialist in either Construction or Real Estate / Commercial Property, having had some input on the other side (e.g. If you are from a Property background, you will have ideally worked with a construction team or instructed a professional team, and vice versa)
- Have more than 6 years PQE, either from a Practice or In-house background
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and be comfortable communicating with colleagues of all levels
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.