A reputable British retailer, currently undergoing significant expansion throughout the UK, is looking for a Commercial Property Lawyer to lead their In-house legal property team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to manage a small team and work in a genuinely varied role, directly linked to the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for;
· Advising on acquisitions, disposals, relocations, landlord and tenant matters, and litigation with regard to lease renewals
· Drafting contracts for sale, agreements for lease, leasehold acquisitions and renewals, licences to assign, licences to alter, sub-leases, deeds of assignment, and transfers
· Managing and coaching a team of Solicitors and Paralegals
· Collaborating with property teams throughout the business, including; Acquisitions, Surveyors, Project Managers, and Architectural Technicians
· Managing external legal advice for properties throughout the UK and Ireland
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a wide variety of non-contentious property matters but also be able to advise on the early stages of litigation. You will be autonomous, commercially-driven and demonstrate an understanding of the pressures of the retail industry, and be able to effectively communication with legal and non-legal teams alike.
· At least 6 years PQE
· Highly experienced in Commercial Property, including; acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, property management, and litigation
· Ideally some experience In-house, or experience of working closely with clients in the retail industry
· Experience of managing and coaching more junior colleagues or leading a team
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us. If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page. BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.