- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - Compliance
A reputable British business, currently undergoing significant expansion throughout the UK and further afield, is looking for a Compliance Solicitor to lead on all Compliance matters throughout the business.
As the subject matter expert within the legal team, you will advise on regulatory matters, risk management, GDPR and data protection, and managing compliance training throughout the organisation.
You will have responsibility for;
- Defining a risk and compliance framework
- Investigating and reporting on breaches, including managing a reporting system
- Updating and managing all policies on risk and compliance
- Gathering information in response to regulatory requests
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on AML, GDPR, SRA Handbook, internal policies, anti-bribery and corruption, and conflicts of interest
- Ensuring compliance training programme is effective, up to date, comprehensive, and fit for purpose across the business, including managing external training providers
This is a varied role and offers the successful individual the opportunity to continue practicing as a Solicitor whilst also working extensively with 'non-legal' colleagues and providing training and support to the business.
The ideal candidate will have;
- More than 4 years PQE
- Experience in Compliance, Risk, and Data Protection (including knowledge and experience of GDPR)
- Some experience of working in a regulated environment
- Management experience or experience coaching more junior colleagues/trainees
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018