Loughborough University is looking for a Commercial Lawyer to join their In-house legal team, based on-site in Leicestershire.
The University was recently named the Times and Sunday Times University of the Year and is currently ranked within the Top 10 of all three national league tables. It is renowned for its sports and engineering achievements and the 440 acre campus houses a 4* hotel, two conference centres, a variety of sports facilities, a business incubator, and a 3,000 person capacity stadium.
The In-house Legal team play an integral part in supporting the University through growth and innovation and with such a broad range of business interests and activity across the University, you will have the opportunity to develop your In-house career advising on a diverse mix of work. The successful Commercial Lawyer will focus on supporting the Research and Enterprise teams on new ideas and products, and as such will have a specialism in commercial contracts, intellectual property, and licencing agreements.
As a senior member of the team, the Legal Counsel will;
· Draft and negotiate a range of complex commercial agreements
· Work closely with the Research and Enterprise team on a range of commercial contracts, intellectual property, and licencing matters
· Advise on a range of corporate documentation and assist with corporate transactions
· Provide clear and commercial advice in relation to commercial disputes
· Support the Head of Legal and build relationships with senior stakeholders, members of the executive team, and academics and researchers across the University
The successful individual will ideally have a background in either commercial contracts or intellectual property, and could come from either an In-house or Private Practice background. They will demonstrate the confidence to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and build relationships with designers, engineers, academics, and senior executives.
The University is offering a competitive package and in addition to your salary you will receive;
* Generous pension scheme with contributions up to 19.5%
* 30 days annual leave in addition to university closure days and bank holidays
* Access to campus gyms, swimming pools, and restaurants
* A flexible and agile working policy
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.