- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - First In-house Move
A Commercial Contracts Lawyer is sought for an In-house role with a global business based in central London. This is the perfect opportunity for a Commercial Lawyer to make their first move In-house, working alongside an experienced team whilst working autonomously and having ownership of commercial matters business-wide.
Founded just over 30 years ago, this Financial Services business has grown to be one of the worlds leading insurance providers and specialises in complex commercial risks. Whilst FS agreements will no doubt be part of your role, you will focus on 'general' commercial matters for the business and develop key relationships with IT and Procurement colleagues, whilst also assisting on larger, complex corporate transactions.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate and Commercial, the successful Commercial Lawyer will;
· Negotiate and draft a variety of commercial contracts across the business, managing relationships between legal, procurement, IT, and colleagues throughout the business
· Be the subject matter expert for commercial contracts
· Provide legal advice on corporate transactions, and assist the Head of Corporate and Commercial with complex and large corporate deals
Whilst experience working with clients in the Financial Services industry would be useful, we're keen to speak to Lawyers with commercial contracts experience from a variety of industries (your work will not be FS focussed). The ideal candidate will have;
· The ability to autonomously draft and negotiate a variety of agreements (including procurement and IT contracts)
· Experienced gained in a reputable law firm
· At least 4 years post qualification experience
This is a great opportunity for a Commercial Lawyer currently working in Practice to make their first move In-house. You will be given the support to develop your skills in an In-house environment whilst using your prior experience to work in an independent and autonomous position.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018