- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - FTC
Legal Counsel 4+ PQE Full or Part-time role - work from home - post lessening of covid restrictions 1 or 2 days per week in the office. 13 months fixed term contract.
Telent specialise in the effective operation of critical national infrastructure and are at the heart of many of the UK's and Ireland's best-known brands.
Telent design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and operate the ICT and communication networks that their businesses depend on. Our industry expertise, technology partnerships, accreditations and committed teams make telent the partner of choice for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Telent operate within various industry sectors including Transport, Emergency Services, Network Providers, Higher Education and Public Sector clients include Transport for London, Openreach and Highways England.
Telent are seeking a Legal Counsel with 4+ PQE from a Commercial and/or Construction background to join their friendly legal team on a fixed term basis. The person will ideally work a 4 day week. When the COVID-19 restrictions lessen, you'll be required to regularly attend their Warwick office (and occasionally their other offices across the UK). It is anticipated this being required 1-2 days per week but will depend on business demand.
* You will be primarily supporting telent's commercial and project procurement teams on major and complex projects, many of which are under the NEC3 and JCT model contracts.
* You will advise on both contentious and non-contentious commercial matters at all stages of telent's projects from concept, through to bidding, contract negotiation, contract delivery to contract closure.
* Preparation, review and negotiation of customer and supplier contracts, including flowdowns
* Selection of and amendments to model contract forms (in particular NEC3 and JCT)
* Advising on, settling and managing disputes and claims with customers and suppliers (including adjudication and litigation), managing external advisors
* Advising on relevant commercial compliance matters (e.g. Data Protection Act)
* Advising on all other aspects of our business in contentious and non-contentious matters as needed
This is a small and friendly team who have strong well established relationships with their stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator, pragmatic and creative at finding solutions. You will have the ability to grow relationships across the business with a can do/proactive nature.
An excellent opportunity to join the business at a busy time for the company.
This role is exclusive to Olivia Collicott and BCL Legal. All direct and third party CVs will be forwarded to BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018