A highly regarded, Legal 500 rated, West End Firm, are looking to add a three plus to their London Commercial Litigation practice
The team deals with a broad range of disputes and has significant expertise in resolving complex
commercial issues. They focus on achieving the commercial objectives of their clients, including
minimizing risk and liability for costs at the outset of a dispute through to advising on the best strategy for securing the desired outcome, whether by way of litigation, negotiation or alternative dispute resolution.
They have substantial experience in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution and litigation, dealing with cases in every tier of the English court system from the County Court to the Supreme Court, together with domestic and international arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. In addition, they have acted in many overseas cases and have managed large teams within such claims.
The role will comprise a mixture of general commercial litigation work, including commercial contract
disputes, insolvency disputes, professional negligence claims, and regulatory and civil fraud work. An important part of the role is providing direct support and assistance to Partners' in the team, whilst
also helping with the management and development of more junior fee earners and contributing more
widely to the team and its growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
Responsible for the day to day running of files to include, but not limited, to:
· Running and managing own files, delegating to trainees and paralegals as appropriate;
High Court and County Court Litigation as well as mediation and arbitration;
Advocacy, where appropriate;
· Drafting documents and assist in managing/manage the dispute resolution process;
Supporting the partners on large and more complex matters as well as generating a caseload
of your own;
· Interact directly with clients, manage their expectations and meet their deadlines.
Prepare and present training to clients on various aspects of the law as directed.
· To be fully involved in marketing and business development in a client focused manner.
· Organise and maintain tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically.
· Provide support to the other fee earners within the department and to share knowledge as and
· Follow department procedures, the Solicitors' Handbook and Firm's policies and procedures
as detailed in the Office Manual, including LEXCEL.
· Undertake such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Solicitor such as changes
in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required.
Attributes and Skills Required
· You will have at least 3 years PQE as a Commercial Litigation Solicitor with ideally experience of civil fraud and contentious regulatory work;
· You will have a strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level;
Previous experience in the High Court;
· You will enjoy client contact and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Ability to prioritise workload to increase efficiency;
· You will be commercially aware, proactive and able to convey clear and concise information to clients
and external organisations, which will not compromise the practice or the firm;
· A high attention to detail to produce work / documentation which is consistently of a high standard;
To have a flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are always met and clients are
communicated with on a consistent and regular basis;
You will be happy to undertake work with minimal supervision;
To be familiar with Word, Outlook and Internet applications;
· An advocacy qualification would be an advantage but is by no means necessary.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.