- Job Search
- Commercial Disputes Lawyer
£75,000 - 100,000
Leading City based, International Law firm looking to grow there London Disputes practice
The firm has clients all over the world, with offices in 11 locations across the globe from Cheltenham to Qatar.
· There are over 650 lawyers, including 170 partners globally.
· They operate from 11 offices in London, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
· A full service firm, offering 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors.
· An annual turnover of over £150 million.
The Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) London team is made up of five
Partners, six Senior Associates, six Associates, one Paralegal and three Trainee
This firms wide breadth of sector expertise includes:
· energy and natural resources
· financial services
· IT and communications
· luxury retail
The services expertise includes:
· bribery and corruption matters
· contractual disputes
· crisis management (including corporate criminal/regulatory liability)
· financial services claims
· fraud and asset tracing matters
· inquest / public inquiry
· intellectual property and IT disputes
· minority shareholder actions
· professional negligence
· shareholder activism
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate must:
· Demonstrate good judgement and a good legal and commercial understanding of client's particular needs
· Understands scope of task, manages time effectively and performs well under time and work pressures
· Take a 'hands on' approach to managing own files and a broad case load
· Work closely with and support more senior fee earners and Partners in more complex disputes involving companies and individuals in a variety of industries and sectors.
· Engage in client marketing and business development activities including attending internal and external events
· Draft more complex documents with minimum instruction and supervision
· Provide client advice in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
· Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
· Attend and assist in organising and hosting of client marketing events
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018