A leading City based, International law firm are looking to expand their London disputes practice
My client is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. They are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media. The growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside their US and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams. Among their clients they count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders. Their network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. They operate across offices in, Beijing to Belfast, and everything in-between
The firm have clients that range from high net worth individuals, to corporates and governments. They have teams of litigation and arbitration experts within the firm specialising in financial services regulatory, intellectual property, employment, personal injury, public and regulatory, real estate, tax and technology disputes. The Dispute Resolution team in London consists of over 15 partners, 25 other lawyers in addition to paralegals and trainees, operating as one team across London, Birmingham and Manchester in the UK as well as internationally across offices. The team work simultaneously on a large number of cases at any one time. The practice includes the following principal areas: ADR, Arbitration, Aviation and travel disputes, Banking and finance disputes, Commercial disputes, Construction disputes, Corporate recovery and insolvency, Corporate risk management, Defamation, Fraud and international asset tracing, Health and safety litigation, Insurance and re-insurance, Judicial Review, Professional negligence, Public sector disputes, Shareholders' disputes, and Technical disputes.
* Proactively manage own files and support existing caseloads
* Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
* Liaising with counsel/experts
* Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
* Responsibility and management of an existing caseload
Key Skills & Experience
* Qualified lawyer with proven UK experience in commercial litigation
* London High Court experience is essential
* An ability to build relationships with clients, witnesses, counsel and experts
* Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
* Excellent case management skills
* Strong academics essential
* Experience/training in a top international law firm desirable
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.