8th November 2023
Join an international professional services firm who are undergoing an exciting journey which will present significant opportunity for its employees. The company works with household name brands and delivers genuine value through innovation.
You will join a close-knit and down to earth Legal team as the Data Protection Manager for the UK business, with clear scope to take on more responsibility/regions in a short timeframe.
You can expect to look after a broad range of complex work, including escalations, setting & implementing policy, and working on bids. This is an operational and strategic role within the business, where your contribution will be valued and your advice listened to.
The Legal team play a vital role in the business, and data is at the very core, meaning your work will have a genuine impact on the day to day running of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to take a step up in their career, having more responsibility and undertaking more complex work. Or, the opportunity would suit an existing Data Protection Manager looking for a flexible and supportive work environment that offers transparent prospects for progression.
· As a guide, this role would suit an individual with at least 3 years of hands-on data protection experience
· Ideally, you will have prior experience of handling escalations, setting policy, working on bids, transfer risk assessments, but applications will be considered from individuals with experience of SARs, data breaches, etc. who are looking to take a step up
· Experience handling individuals' data
· A law degree and/or data protection qualifications are advantageous but not essential
· You will be comfortable working in a close-knit team environment
What's on offer?
· Package: attractive salary and benefits package, including private healthcare, bonus potential, 25 days AL (increasing with length of service) + BHs, 6% matched pension.
· Hybrid working/flexibility: very flexible environment, open to individuals working part time and/or flexible hours. Ideally you will spend at least one day a week in the office.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call me for a confidential chat to discuss the role further.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.