£115,000 - 140,000
Commercial Technology Senior Associate - City of London - Private Practice
Tier 1, global law firm has retained us to recruit an ambitious and talented Senior Associate Solicitor due to continued expansion.
As a global top 10 law practice, the firm provides legal advice and solutions to an international client base which includes some of the world's largest multinationals. Their teams of lawyers around the world operate seamlessly to deliver the legal know-how and strategic alignment that clients need from their advisors to help further their business interests. The firm has significant credentials in the technology, financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing sectors.
The Commercial Practice Group works on complex, headline making deals across contracts, IT, outsourcing and privacy. The team offers substantial experience in negotiating and drafting agreements and creating relationships that enable businesses and public bodies to accomplish their commercial objectives. Having vast e-commerce experience within the multi-billion-dollar technology based environments of AI, cloud, automation, additive manufacturing and blockchain, the team has worked on some of the largest outsourcing deals of the last few years.
The London team has a proven track record of delivering successful IT projects, achieved by a continuous focus on clients' strategic objectives and a detailed understanding of the underlying technology. Having experience within the multi-billion-dollar environments of AI, cloud, automation, additive manufacturing and blockchain, they have worked on some of the largest outsourcing deals of the last few years.
As part of this role you can expect to be involved in:
· Advising on technology contracts for a broad range of clients, including both traditional IT and outsourcing contracts along with contracts for innovative and disruptive technologies.
· Advising on technology related regulatory requirements, particularly in relation to the financial services sector.
· Supporting on the technology aspects of corporate deals.
· Advising on telecommunications contracts and associated regulatory advice.
· Advising on data centre contracts.
· Business development initiatives.
You must have demonstrable, detailed, knowledge of the contract terms and also the key commercial and operational issues with these types of deals. The workload is very varied and the firm is looking for a lawyer who has worked across a variety of contract types in the technology field.
You will have
· Experience of advising on the full range of IT and outsourcing contracts.
· A keen interest in technology, Crypto assets and Blockchain.
· a minimum of 3 years PQE of advising on outsourcing and technology contracts, with experience of Blockchain and Crypto assets an advantage .
· Excellent academic qualifications.
· A good grounding in technology and commercial law, connected laws and regulations.
- Tier 1 firm
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- First class training and career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal