£75,000 - 110,000
Commercial Insurance Associate Solicitor - City of London - Private Practice
Are you looking for an intellectually challenging role, in an environment where industry-leading quality work is the standard, without compromising on client contact and business development? If so, this could be the perfect new job….
Leading multinational, top tier, firm whose broad commercial base boasts a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing business advisory capability. The firm acts for all of the UK's top-ten insurers and are considered market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector and real estate.
The Professional and Financial lines team works across insurance and reinsurance for a wide variety of industries. The work is both sophisticated and complex.
The team works closely with a number of other internal departments such as Cyber, Corporate, Commercial and Regulatory teams both domestically and internationally. The work offers exposure to both contentious and non contentious.
As part of the team, you will advise clients and other departments on silent cyber projects, drafting market clauses, advising on ransomware attacks, new reinsurance contracts, Covid 19 endorsements and systemic risk reviews.
As part of the team you will:
· Advise clients on current market issues, such as Covid exclusions, and Brexit, at the forefront of the latest industry challenges;
· Have the opportunity to advise clients directly on drafting insurance and reinsurance wordings across all business types. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the award-winning Cyber team to draft wordings in this rapidly growing area;
· Provide solutions for international insurance and reinsurance programmes, developing your own client networks and relationships to the benefit of both you and the firm;
· Devise technically sound, commercial strategies for complex cases.
· Have the opportunity to manage your own litigation caseload and/or support colleagues on larger complex cases, increasing your exposure to different ways of working;
Due to the mixed nature of the role this opportunity can be tailored to the individual, with emphasis in either the contentious or non-contentious element as per your preference and experience. Some experience in wordings or coverage, in a contentious or non-contentious context, is essential. Full training will be provided to allow you to fulfil both aspects of the role if your existing experience is primarily focused on one area.
The firm is open minded about the qualification level of the candidates they see: They are most interested in what you think you can bring to the role and the team, and whether they are the right fit for you.
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- Broad range of quality work
- Fantastic potential for career progression
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal