- Job Search
- Business Crime and Regulation Associate
Business & Regulatory Crime Solicitor - City of London - Private Practice
Top tier national firm has retained us to recruit a talented Associate due to continued, strategic, expansion.
The Business & Regulatory Crime team regularly acts in highly profile criminal and regulatory matters, for both individuals and businesses. The team currently deal with the full spectrum of privately funded criminal and regulatory cases; this includes defending allegations of serious corporate criminal offences such as false accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption, misconduct in public office and health and safety offences as well as high value financial crime, serious violence and drug importation offences.
The team have developed a particularly strong investigations practice and actively bring private prosecutions on behalf of both individuals and corporates, so experience in this area will be a bonus.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join the growing business crime and investigations practice. You will work with a variety corporations in relation to allegations of serious fraud, corruption, misconduct in public office as well as complex internal and external investigations and regulatory enforcement proceedings on a range of matters.
You will manage your own case load in addition to assisting partner in relation to complex and sophisticated investigations. This is a fascinating and challenging role and an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor, who is passionate about progressing their career within a national firm and in supporting the ongoing growth of the practice.
You will prepare and run cases in the Magistrates Court, Crown Court and Court of Appeal.
You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raise your own profile and support the continued growth of the practice.
You will have:
· English law legal knowledge gained within a top-tier city firm
· Experience in internal investigations for financial institutions and/or corporates
· Experience of regulatory investigations in including FCA, SFO and/or law enforcement
· Experience of handling regulatory and enforcement agency requests
· Experience of legal and regulatory requirements in relation to fraud, anti-money laundering/terrorist financing, the UK Bribery Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act
· Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
· be confident in your ability to advise clients in interview under caution with a variety of investigating agencies.
· Hold police station accreditation
- Tier 1 firm
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- First class training and career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal
Placing People in Companies Like