£75,000 - 120,000
Data Protection / Privacy PSL - City of London - Private Practice
Tier 1, global law firm has retained us to recruit an experienced Partner Support Lawyer due to continued expansion.
As a global top 10 law practice, the firm provides legal advice and solutions to an international client base which includes some of the world's largest multinationals. Their teams of lawyers around the world operate seamlessly to deliver the legal know-how and strategic alignment that clients need from their advisors to help further their business interests. The firm has significant credentials in the technology, financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing sectors.
The privacy, information and cybersecurity law group has outstanding experience and depth. They are adept at providing advice domestically in the UK or providing guidance from around the world and regularly win global privacy, information and cyber law mandates.
With over 30 lawyers located in the UK and over 150 internationally, there are few to match the scale of this specialist team. The team are recognised by legal directory Chambers, the Legal 500 as leaders in the field and are ranked in Chambers and Partners 2022,
This is an exciting opportunity in which you will take on a very broad spectrum of privacy, information and cybersecurity matters - from the more traditional knowledge related tasks to leading edge projects such as helping the firm and their clients navigate the most recent developments in this ever-evolving space, supporting the creation and delivery of internal-facing and external-facing know-how on strategic issues relevant to the area of law and deploying legal technology, to improve knowledge-related systems and processes.
The team prides itself on being highly collegiate and collaborative. You will work very closely with the privacy, information and cybersecurity teams across the UK. You will also provide direct support to the core global data privacy team (including specialists in wider Europe and the United States) and offer strategic assistance to other offices in the international network as may be required from time to time.
Typical tasks include:
· updating and writing team guidance notes and toolkits;
· drafting/updating/managing/improving the content of team and firmwide precedents;
· collating current awareness and sector hot topics, with recourse to market source providers, and also leading on sector critical matters with the support of senior team partners and senior assistants;
· planning and developing ongoing team training, including vetting of training materials, writing/updating training materials, presenting sector critical training (both face to face and online), as well as presenting at both a data privacy and general commercial contracting level as part of our very successful annual NQ induction course;
· managing the team knowhow bank with the support of PSL team assistants;
· supporting key clients with training and knowledge services;
· liaising with the Legal Technology Group in respect of IT developments for the use of the data privacy team;
· supporting the UK privacy team on ad hoc queries and work process improvement initiatives (firm wide and team wide); and
· supporting the internal Governance and Compliance team and our Data Protection Officer on ad hoc queries and internal data policies and procedures
You will work very closely with the commercial team PSLs and with other PSLs in the wider Company Commercial Group, sharing experiences and best practice and delivering projects across the whole Company Commercial Group practice group.
You will benefit from the support of all partners in the UK Privacy, Information and Cybersecurity team (including our Co-Lead of Global Cybersecurity and Data Privacy) and from a team of PSL support assistants.
You will have :
· Strong post qualification experience in privacy, information and cybersecurity related law, ideally with a focus on data protection and transparency laws (FOIA and EIR).
· Experience as a PSL is helpful but not essential.
· Have a strong interest in black letter law, excellent technical skills and an eye for detail.
- Tier 1 firm
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Attractive benefits package
- First class training and career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal