Financial Crime Lawyer - City of London - In House
International law firm is seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Crime Lawyer for its In House Risk and Compliance team due to strategic expansion.
The Risk Department provides support to the firm's Senior Management and to the wider
business, to ensure that the firm develops and maintains the very highest standards of
professional conduct, sets a healthy risk culture and complies with its legal and regulatory
The Financial Crime team sits within the department as a sub-set, working
closely with the Business Acceptance Unit (BAU) and with regional in-house lawyers spread throughout the network, as well as with the central Risk team in the UK.
The role will see you Supporting the Head of Financial Crime in ensuring compliance relating to anti money laundering (AML), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), illegal tax benefits, and other relevant requirements.
You will have opportunity to mentor the other financial crime team members and risk team members, supporting financial crime compliance including the Financial Crime Analyst and the relevant analysts in BAU. Including developing and delivering regular training to the Financial Crime team and BAU.
You will attend the Financial Crime and Sanctions Committees of the firm which meet regularly or as required to discuss key topics and ensure the firm manages risks arising appropriately.
Help develop, maintain, and communicate policies and templates that set firm standards for complying with AML, ABC, and other financial crimes related regulatory requirements imposed by the United Kingdom, European Union, Hong
Kong, China Singapore, the UAE and all other jurisdictions as required for the firm.
Assist in developing processes designed to comply with regulatory requirements and respond to business need. Example processes include identifying matters and clients that fall within the scope of the relevant legislation, conducting client and
matter due diligence as part of the intake process and at appropriate intervals, ensuring complete records are kept and that AML audits are conducted
Responding to and assisting BAU in responding to queries from clients, lawyers and other firm staff relating to AML and financial crime processes and procedures.
You will be a Qualified lawyer (or equivalent) with experience in an international law firm.
You will have:
· Working knowledge of the U.K. Money Laundering, Terrorists Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017, the Legal Sector Affinity Group's Anti-Money Laundering Guidance for the Legal Sector, and other regulatory materials relevant
to the firm's compliance obligations.
· Experience in managing risk within a professional services firm.
· Excellent ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders, driving action and
· Strong partnership abilities; skilled in influencing and motivating others especially
· Strong project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Multinational firm
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Fantastic benefits package
- First class career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal