£81,000 - 134,500
Blockchain / Crypto currency/Asset Solicitor - City of London - Private Practice
If you are a talented, entrepreneurial and ambitious lawyer, with experience in FinTech, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for. A market-leading legal advisory business with technology at its core requires an Intellectual Property Solicitor to help to shape the future of the team.
The firm is a rapidly-growing business with the resources, international network and client list of a global law firm. The firm boasts over 2,500 lawyers in more than 85 jurisdictions. This makes them one of the largest legal businesses in the world with a global footprint that exceeds that of any traditional firm.
The Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. Their legal professionals work with clients in sectors as diverse as software and services, online, content, equipment and telecommunications, building extensive knowledge and insight into the legal and commercial challenges they face.
Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, including cryptocurrencies and cryptoassets, is transforming digital and non-digital sectors of all types. The firm acts for a diverse range of 'crypto-first' clients such as cryptocurrency exchanges, platforms, service providers, and wallets, along with 'traditional' business sectors such as a full spectrum of financial services institutions, FinTechs, retail clients and brands, and more. We guide our clients on crypto matters, combining industry leading expertise in technology, technology contracting, and FS regulatory advice.
The firm is looking to recruit a Senior Associate to help expand their distributed ledger and cryptocurrency practice within the Commercial Technology team. You will principally work with the Partners in the team who work with 'crypto', FinTech and FS clients. As such the role will suit someone with a dual interests in both the technology & financial services sectors who is:
* looking to gain experience across a wide range of cutting edge distributed ledger and FS related matters and clients;
* confident in facing new opportunities for learning as technologies expand into new areas;
* happy to be involved in developing the business in addition to fee-earning.
You will be responsible for supporting the legal needs of both suppliers and customers in these sectors, of all sizes and profiles across the range of technology and regulatory related issues.
You will have:
* Experience advising on high end commercial technology matters including complex commercial agreements..
* Experience providing regulatory advice across a range of areas including regulated and unregulated products and services in the UK such as payments, e-money etc.
* A sound technical understanding of the regulatory landscape within the FS sector in the UK and Europe.
* An in-depth understanding of the key technologies used by businesses within the FS sector and how to apply the regulatory framework within the UK to the products and services developed by those businesses.
* Experience handling and managing complex legal projects with a regulatory focus and a strong track record of delivery.
- Flexible working
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Fantastic benefits package
- First class training and career development programme
To apply for this position, please contact Richard Coward at BCL Legal