COMPLIANCE MANAGER - NEWCASTLE
- Global law firm
- Listed within the Top 10 law firms in the world
- Brand new offices in Newcastle City Centre
- This global law firm is looking to hire an experienced Compliance Manager or Compliance Solicitor to join its wider Compliance Team
- Based in Newcastle, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Compliance Officers who are currently responsible for conflicts analysis, resolution and related policy work, dealing with escalations on conflicts and risk issues
- You will be responsible for managing the workloads for the team, all of which is being fed up from the wider Compliance team in London
- You will also be tasked with taking on the line management responsibilities for 7 compliance offers in the Newcastle office, including providing regular performance feedback and training, mentoring and development
- You will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the relationship between the London and Newcastle offices and working on coming upwith innovative ways to bring the business forward
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Heads of Compliance and Compliance Counsel in managing conflict and other business acceptance and regulatory issues including directorships and trusteeships, client relationship letters, arbitral appointments, other risk management and other compliance queries
- Help partners and fee earners to understand their duties under the SRA Code of Conduct, Economic Sanctions laws/regulations, Market Abuse Regulation, External Appointments, other applicable laws/regulations and NRFLLP's risk management policies
- Producing monthly risk reports for senior management in conjunction with others
- Proactively assisting with and delivering wider compliance projects, including the review of NRFLLP policies, procedures and practice notes.
- The majority of work will be internally focused, but there is the possibility of being involved with client facing work and other compliance issues as and when they arise
- You will preferably be a qualified solicitor, REL or RFL, or qualified in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the United States
- You must have experience of conflicts resolution at a high level
- You must also have experience of managing a team of compliance professionals, including raining and mentoring staff, with a proven record of motivating staff to achieve results
- You must be a strong analytical thinker with proven ability to work well under pressure
- This is a rare opportunity to work for a global heavyweight law firm in Newcastle
- A competitive salary is on offer, as well as an impressive benefits package
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.