- Job Search
- Employment Solicitor
EMPLOYMENT SOLICITOR - NQ-4 PQE - NEWCASTLE
- Global international law firm listed as one of the Top 10 in the world
- Internationally recognised employment team, with 2 Partners, 4 associates and a newly qualified Solicitor
- Respondent specialists in both contentious and non-contentious matters
- Large open plan offices on the Quayside in Newcastle
- This is a brand new and unique chance to work on the highest quality of work, fed up from the London team
- You will be working exclusively for their impressive client base on respondent contentious and non-contentious employment matters
- The team specialise in
- Employment law aspects of all corporate finance transactions including Transfer of Undertakings Redundancies and dismissals.
- Service agreements, contracts of employment and staff handbooks.
- Employment policies ranging from performance, sickness and misconduct procedures to maternity and parental leave schemes.
- Boardroom disputes and severance claims.
- Employment litigation in the high court, county court and employment tribunal.
- International employment issues including dual contracts.
- Collective issues such as trade union recognition and industrial action.
- Executive remuneration and corporate governance.
- Discrimination (including sex, race and disability).
- General employment issues ranging from maternity rights to general contractual issues.
- You will be involved with the full remit of work as well as regular exposure to complex client issues
- You must be a qualified Employment Solicitor, with approximately NQ-4 years PQE (September 2019 qualfiers are welcome to apply)
- Cross border transaction experience would be ideal although not essential
- You must have the desire to work on and develop your personal technical knowledge and skills under the guidance of highly skilled Employment specialists
- You must also have a strong work ethic, and be confident working independently as well as part of a larger team
- Market leading salary and benefits package is on offer
- Agile working is available and actively practiced throughout the firm, this may include flexible working hours, or working a day from home
- The opportunity to work for one of the largest global firms in the world, under the guidance and supervision of its specialist Employment team
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018