- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS SOLICITOR 2+ (NON FEE EARNING)
QUASI IN-HOUSE ROLE
- International magic circle law firm with a newly opened office in Newcastle
- One of the largest law firms in the world
- Risk & Compliance group comprising of a Head of Legal, a Contracts Lawyer and one paralegal
- This is a one off opportunity to join one of the worlds most sought after law firms
- You will be working as a part of the firms Risk & Compliance Group, currently based out of Newcastle and London (this role is Newcastle based)
- As the new Commercial Contacts Solicitor, you will be responsible for the following:
- reviewing, negotiating and finalising all commercial contracts which the firm is currently involved with and due to ente- coordinating and responding to the full remit of enquiries and amendments requested by existing clients of the firm
- reviewing proposed Framework Agreements received from clients
- reviewing client terms of business
- liaising with others within the firms internal structure on specialist matters such as IT security, e-billing and conflicts
- Other responsibilities will include receiving and reviewing client risk questionnaires and developing precedent responses to common questions and queries from clients
- You will be working with both a national and international client base
- It is essential that you are a qualified Solicitor
- You must have a successful commercial contracts background, either gained as a part of an in-house legal department or within private practice
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail as well as the ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way is essential for this role
- As you will be working with a team based across both London and Newcastle offices, a degree of autonomy and self-sufficiency is essential, however you will be supported both locally and remotely at all times
- Previous line management experience would be a plus, but is not essential
- As this position is a non fee earning role, you will not have individual set targets or be required to record billable hours. A better work life balance is very much a reality
- You will be working with both a national and international client base, so there may be the occasional need to contact clients out of hours, although not within completely unsociable hours. All such calls can be made remotely, and you are not expected to be in the office outside of your core working hours
- An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer
- Part time hours may be available for the right candidate
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018