- Job Search
- Commercial Property Solicitor
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR - NEWCASTLE - 2-5 PQE
- Global magic circle law firm
- Recently opened Newcastle office
- One of the worlds largest and most prestigious law firms
- Nationally and internationally recognised Real Estate team, as well as Legal 500 listed and Chambers rated
- An experienced Commercial Property Solicitor is required to join the brand new commercial property team in Newcastle
- You will be working alongside the London Commercial Property team, alongside a Senior Associate Team Leader also based in Newcastle
- You will working on various works streams in relation to acquisitions, developments, investments and disposals, all based out of London
- A more junior associate will also be joining the team in the future
- The Newcastle team will be responsible for offering specialist transactional real estate advice and support to both the London Real Estate Transaction Group on its transactions as well as the London Finance and Corporate Groups
- This will include:
- Assisting in the management of large transactions, including Real Estate, Real Estate Finance and Corporate M&A transactions and in particular, managing due diligence work streams;
- Working on the real estate aspects of energy and infrastructure projects such as land acquisition, pipeline easements, due diligence (including producing or reviewing certificates of title/reports on title);
ongoing management work such as lettings, licences for clients and lender consent matters;
- Providing support to social housing transactions, primarily reviewing certificates of title and other due diligence exercises;
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years PQE as a Commercial Property Solicitor
- Previous experience of working on, or assisting with acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, real estate development, and due diligence is essential
- You will have strong transactional skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills are essential
- This role is one of a kind, and a one off in Newcastle
- No other magic circle law firm has a real estate presence in the North East
- This is an opportunity to work on national and international real estate transactions originating from London, but be based in your home town of Newcastle
- An excellent salary and market leading benefits package is on offer
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018