- Job Search
- Risk & Compliance Manager
RISK & COMPLIANCE MANAGER - NEWCASTLE
- Large regional commercial firm
- Offices in Newcastle City Centre
- Ranked highly in the Legal 500 and Chambers ratings across the majority of Legal Disciplines
- Dedicated Business Services team and Risk & Compliance function
- This is a mid-management level role reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance for the entire firm
- You will play a key role in the Risk and Compliance team, supporting the firm's compliance functions, working on the development of new compliance projects
- You will be responsible for providing support with ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO270001:2013 standards as well as anti-money laundering, risk and compliance issues
- You will have management responsibility for 3 other members and your key responsibilities will include:
- Advising on complex regulatory matters
- Monitoring high risk clients and maintenance of the records
- Supporting the Head of Risk and Compliance and Information Security Manager in the preparation of the annual Risk Audit Schedule
- Assisting the MLRO with their statutory duties
- Managing the client onboarding team and onboarding process
- You will also be responsible for managing and coordinating Risk and Compliance training for the firm
- The successful candidate must have previous experience of and significant knowledge of Money Laundering regulations, standards and regulatory requirements
- You must have significant knowledge of risk management tools and the current risk legislative landscape
- Experience providing support with ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO270001:2013 standards as well as anti-money laundering, risk and compliance issues
- Strong report writing skills, and presentation skills are also very important. You must be able to present your findings in a sensitive manner to a broad range of stakeholders and board members
- Your relationship building skills are an integral part of this role, as you will be working closely with both internal and external people on a daily basis
- This is a chance to work for one of the top commercial firms in the North of England
- You will become an integral part of their Business Services team, based in Newcastle City Centre
- A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018