- Job Search
- Commercial Property Solicitor
10th September 2019
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR - NEWCASTLE - 2-6 PQE
- Magic circle law firm with recently opened Newcastle offices
- Global law firm with nationally and internationally recognised Real Estate team
- A number of Partners listed as Leading Individuals and Next Generation Lawyers in the Legal 500
- A brand new Commercial Property team is being set up in the Newcastle office of this magical circle law firm
- A qualified and experienced Commercial Property Solicitor is required to work closely with the teams Senior Associate and Junior Associate
- As an extension of the London Commercial Property team, you will working on various works streams in relation to acquisitions, developments, investments and disposals
- You will be supporting both the London Real Estate Transaction Group on its transactions as well as the London Finance and Corporate Groups
- Assisting in the management of large transactions, including Real Estate, Real Estate Finance and Corporate M&A transactions and in particular, managing due diligence work streams;
- Working on the real estate aspects of energy and infrastructure projects such as land acquisition, pipeline easements, due diligence (including producing or reviewing certificates of title/reports on title);
ongoing management work such as lettings, licences for clients and lender consent matters;
- Providing support to social housing transactions, primarily reviewing certificates of title and other due diligence exercises;
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years PQE as a Commercial Property Solicitor
- Previous experience of working on, or assisting with acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, real estate development, and due diligence is essential
- You will have strong transactional skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills are essential
- This role is one of a kind, and a one off in Newcastle
- No other magic circle law firm has a real estate presence in the North East
- This is an opportunity to work on national and international real estate transactions originating from London, but be based in your home town of Newcastle
- An excellent salary and market leading benefits package is on offer
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018